Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Valentine Gifts of Pure Love

It's not long after the new year has begun that my thoughts turn to the future and I realize that Valentine's Day is not so far away. Already the store shelves are filling up with pink and red hearts filled with chocolates. Lace and velvet heart decorated clothing and silver and gold heart jewelry. All these things make me smile with delight. I feel blessed to be able to give and receive hearts of love.

I feel many different kinds of love. The love I receive and give to the family into which I was born, love for friends and mentors and love for the one with whom I joined together to start the circle of love all over again. Love is a never ending circle.

So as I give and I receive Valentine Gifts this Valentine's Day, with each one I will pray. I will pray that my gift is given with pure love. The scriptures say;

Love Is Patient, Love Is Kind. It Does Not Envy, It Does Not Boast, It Is Not Proud. It Is Not Rude, It Is Not Self-Seeking, It Is Not Easily Angered, It Keeps No Record Of Wrongs. Love Does Not Delight In Evil, But Rejoices With The Truth. It Always Protects, Always Trusts, Always Hopes, Always Perseveres. Love Never Fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment