Monday, June 29, 2009

God's Amazing Creatures

Every year I fill a feeder with song bird seed. I love watching the colorful little birds sharing the seed and fluttering from tree to tree. Occasionally I would see a deer walk by and nibble on a few dropped seeds. Just enough to fill my feeder about once a week.

This year, living in a new home, I erected a brand new bird feeder and filled it with my favorite song bird feed. As often as possible, I quietly sneak out onto the deck and watch for my feathered friends to visit.

To my surprise, I found God's creatures to be a bit more crafty in this new neighborhood. Squirrels and chipmunks scurried right on up the thin, slippery, copper pipe pole and filled themselves with seed side by side with the birds. I find myself filling my bird feeder every other day in this new home.

Then early one morning I saw the most amazing thing! Just as I and my almost 1 year old Cocker Spaniel came out the front door, I saw a bunny rabbit hop off the bird feeder to the ground and hop away. I've never heard of a rabbit climbing. I wondered just how it accomplished this feat. All I know is if it was hungry enough to do so, then it was surely thankful for what it had received.

For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 1 Timothy 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment