Sunday, January 02, 2011

Embracing the New Year!

The Bible tells us all we must know to enjoy the new year...

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

We must accept who we were and work towards being who we can be...

No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven. Philippians 3:13-14

Forgiving and forgetting our own trespasses is sometime harder than forgiving others. But why? God has already forgiven us. The gates of heaven await us. Every day we must find a new opportunity to be a better person and do good works that please our Lord and fuels our spirituality.

So my wish for you is not just, Happy New Year. It's,

Embrace the New Year!

Lord Thank you for your loving forgiveness.
It allows me to enjoy each day.

Thank you for your written teachings,
They guide me day by day.

Make me swift to hear your calling,
That I may readily obey.

Help me embrace this new year,
That I may please you in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment