Friday, November 25, 2011

A Child's Prayer

Wednesday night while starting to prepare for our Thanksgiving feast, I was pleasantly surprised to glance up and see my 9 year old son curled up in the chaise with head bowed, hands folded, eyes closed and saying a prayer. He normally says bed time prayers and prayers in Sunday school, but this is first time I've seen him pray without adult guidance.

When he opened his eyes and unclasped his hands, I asked him, "What did you pray about?" He said, "It's private." I thought, 'How right you are!'

It doesn't really matter if he was praying for the fierce winds to stop blowing, his daddy to arrive safely or some new toy he saw on TV. What is important is he's developing a personal relationship with the Lord. We parents don't really have to know everything. We just think we do, LOL! I know in my heart the Lord answers all our prayers as it fits into His plan.

Daily P R A Y E R Reminder

Pray for others.
Read the Bible.
Ask the Lord for guidance.
Yearn for a pure mind and heart.
Eagerly look for ways in which to help others.
Remember this is the day the Lord has made; rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment