Friday, August 23, 2013

Back To School Prayers

For kids prayers are conversations between the Lord and themselves. Children need to seek the Lord's help, it comforts them. They need to thank him for their blessings, so they enjoy them. Prayer encourage children  to fulfill the Lord's plan for them by following His teachings. 

The following prayers are samples that will give your children food for thought as to what type of prayer they want to say to ring in the new school year. It is our duty as parents to guide them in the right direction, and then allow them the privacy to personalize their prayer.



A Prayer For Children Entering Kindergarten

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for the chance to go to school and learn as much as I can.  Thank you for my new clothes, crayons, and a teacher to help me. 
Help me to remember that You are always with me. Help me to make new friends. Help me to understand there will be times to listen and learn and other times to have fun. Help me through the times when I am sad or mad. Thank you for the happy times I will have.
Thank you for a school bus to take me to school and home again. Please help my school bus driver to always drive safely.
Most of all Lord,  Thank you for taking care of me no matter where I am. 
Amen.


A Prayer For Elementary School Students Entering A New School Year

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for this new school year and for helping me to move up a grade this year.
Please keep me safe at school.
Even though I don't know what this year will be like this year, I know You do. Help me to understand there will be times to work hard and learn, and other times to enjoy friends from last year and make new friends this year. 
 Help me to understand there will be good times and bad times in school this year. Please help me to be a good student and a good friend to my classmates. Help me to know good from bad and to choose the right things to say and do. Help me to be a good example to other kids.
And thank you for always being with me wherever I am.

Amen.

A Prayer For Children Entering A Middle School Year


Lord,
Summer seemed way too short, but I'm glad a new school year is starting. There is so much too learn, and so many friends to have fun with. Help me to focus on my school work as much as I do on having fun with my friends.
I want people to know that I follow You, but sometimes it's a little scary. Help me to follow your teachings and set an example in all that I do.
Give me patience when teachers are boring, classes don't interest me, or slower students ask for help. 
Help me avoid temptation. I want to look cool, but only in ways that please you. 
If I am in danger, protect and guide me.
Sometimes I'm not very strong when it comes to saying, "No," to bad things. I know your help will make the difference. Forgive me for the times when I am weak.
Help me to keep my relationship with You strong and thank you for being there for me.
Amen.

A Prayer For Students Entering A High School Year

Lord,
Summer has ended and yet another school year is here.
I have learned a lot over the years, but there are still so many things I don't know. Help me to have an open mind, to have patience in my studies, strength against peer pressure, and understanding and forgiveness with other kids when I need to. Show me how to live a life that pleases you both in school, and in everything else that I do.
I'm sure this will be a busy year with school, homework, extra curricular activities, chores at home, church,  charity work, and a part time job (your teen can name the things that apply to him/her). Help me to always remember that my number one priority is my relationship with you and that I can pray to you when ever I need to.
Amen.

Parents:

Remind your children that prayer is not magical. It is not wise to act without considerable thought.
Matthew 10:16 - Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. 

And that, the Bible tells us that the Lord is always with us and we can always call on the Lord for strength.
Psalm 18:2-3 - The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment