Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Freedom on 4th of July

With the 4th of July almost upon us, I find myself amazed at how lucky I am to be free! My country is free from dictatorship, I have freedom of speech and in choice of religion.

On 4th of July celebration is a must! My heart, mind and soul are free to praise God and give thanks for all those who have sacrificed their lives for my freedom. Jesus Christ sacrificed himself on a cross to free me from my sins, and many American men and women have sacrificed their lives on battle fields so that I may be free.

I pray to the Lord that I do not take my freedom, both physical and spiritual, for granted. I thank the Lord for the blessing of Jesus Christ in my life and the bravery of the many men and women who serve my great country. I ask the Lord to give our service men and women the spiritual strength they need to do their jobs and to comfort the families they have left behind.

I pray that I may live my life in a way that glorifies God and spreads the message of freedom from sin through His only Son, Jesus Christ. I pray that some day when my only son enters into manhood, if he is called to serve our great country, that I have the courage to put my own fears aside and I find the right words to inspire bravery in him through faith in our Lord.





No comments:

Post a Comment