Monday, September 01, 2008

Starting School & Spreading the News

My son is starting kindergarten this year! Wow 5 years sure goes by fast! I have been trying to prepare him for the adventure out on his own and away from Mommy and home for a year now. Last summer he just kept saying,

"No! I don't want to go on the school bus." or "Maybe Mommy will come with me?"

This year he is all excited about school. Getting a Batman back pack, Spiderman lunch box, new clothes and a trip to the school to see his room and meet his teacher helped. All the same, I think I might have to push him on the bus by himself the first day. But then, maybe not. He knows some of the children in the neighborhood who will be going on the school bus with him and some of those children are the same children he goes to Sunday school with. He might just surprise me and jump on the bus and take-off without even looking back.

Getting all this new stuff, meeting new people and learning new things got me to thinking, 'How can my son take the most important thing to school with him, his faith, and spread the news too?'

For my son, I think I came up with a great idea! Making tags, a different one for each day of the week, for his back pack and lunch box. Buy printable shrink film online (made by Grafix) and print on Christan clip art and an easy Bible verse, cut out the shape, make sure you leave a round circle at top and punch out a hole to attach, bake in the oven and shrink, then attach with a plain zipper pulls purchased from a craft store. Here are some great zipper pull tag themes:

Monday: Jesus Feeds the Multitude - John 6:35
Tuesday: Jesus Cures a Blind Man - Mark 9:23
Wednesday: The Ten Commandments - Exodus 20:3-17
Thursday: Jonah and the Whale - Jonah 2:1-2
Friday: Jesus Loves the Little Children - Matthew 19:14

Hopefully your child will share their new Christian school bag tags and spread the news in a fun way!

No comments:

Post a Comment