Thursday, October 28, 2010

God Made You Unique

Sometimes we don't feel very unique, or should I say special? Sometimes we feel too unique, or should I say not too special? the Bible says...

For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
Psalm 139:13-14

God made us all, one by one. He’s made us in all kinds of shapes, sizes, colors, capabilities and personalities. When I'm not feeling very unique, I remember this. When I'm feeling a little too unique, I also remember this. And with this in mind, I wrote a poem that seems to say it all.

God’s Snowflakes

I may be just one of many,
Like the many snowflakes that fall from the sky.
Yet I know God made me special,
And I never ask him why.

I know you are just one of many,
Like the many snowflakes that fall from the sky.
But I know god made you special too,
And I never ask him why.

If you would see me as special,
I will do the same for you.
For God molded us one by one,
From His ever loving hands.

Yes, God made us all different,
In His wisdom and through His plan.
Yet I managed to discover,
One thing that is always the same.
God loves us one and all and knows us all by name.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your poem. I am going to read it at a Nursing Home to remind us we are all special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I hope the elders enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this wonderful poem. I am going to share it with my confirmation students. I know that it will mean a lot to them. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a snowflake necklace to give my mom for Christmas and was looking for a poem to go with it. This is perfect! I would love to print it and give you credit for it if I may have your permission.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may print the poem so long as my name and link to my blog are printed with it. Elaine K Stephen http://inspirationalgifts.blogspot.com
    \Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete